If you have been injured in an accident a lawyer can help you handle the many details of the case, including:
- Making sure you get the medical care you need
- Identifying any long term issues because of the accident
- Negotiating with the other side’s insurance company
- Successfully settling the case
In some instances, failing to call a lawyer can make the situation worse. For example, in a serious auto accident, someone should interview the witnesses and gather evidence as soon as possible. And preventive legal advice could save you time, trouble and money.
Finding the right lawyer to handle your case is important. It is important to check the qualifications of any lawyer you consider hiring. This should include:
- Make sure the lawyer is in good standing with the California State Bar. See Stewart M. Cowan here.
- Make sure the lawyer has experience with personal injury cases and/or workers’ compensation.
- Ask for a consultation. The Office of Stewart M. Cowan offers the initial consultation at no cost to you.
- Check the lawyer’s Better Business Bureau rating. See Stewart M. Cowan’s BBB rating here.
Call our office today for a free consultation at 619-595-0303. We look forward to assisting you.